Saturday, June 20, 2015

My Professional Learning Plan



After reading the book "Leading Professional Learning. Tools to Connect and Empower Teachers" by Thomas C. Murray and Jeffery Zoul I decided to  put together my own Professional Learning Plan PLP. I have looked for a template and or ideas, but cannot find one to suite my needs so I am going to K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Silly.

Technology Goals:
Improve my web skills by networking on the WWW. Professional Learning Network (PLN).  I will start by learning how to Tweet on Twitter. Following ASCD, EdUtopia, Solution Tree and fellow colleagues.  My intention is to learn something weekly and to either add my opinion and or re-tweet the information.  I also plan to start my own Blog, Carrie's Learning Corner. If you are reading this you have found it!!  A place to share information with educators and to keep track of my PLP, Books I read, and loads of other items I hope teachers and administrators will find useful.
Blogging will also be a way for me to demonstrate what I am learning.

Educational Goals:  This next school year I plan to complete my courses from USD in Administration. This will be a major accomplishment. I began the program in 2014.  Time to wrap it up!


Coaching Teachers:  I want to improve  my listening skills, my questioning techniques, and my ability to help teacher self-reflect in order to  improve their teaching skills. I want to model and share my knowledge with staff as we collaborate to make our students the best possible 21st century learners they can be.

Reading Goals: I have a ton of books I want to read this summer. I found the list on Edutopia. See the link that follows.  I will post comments about them as I read.  Summer Reading List: 5 Books on Professional Development


Learn Something New This Summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment